The girls were getting to dress casually to better fit in with the afternoon crowd downtown. Jara was *so* into that; she wore stonewashed hip hugger jeans that were ripped and torn in all the right places, a matching jacket that covered a neon pink baby tee that displayed six pack abs and a belly piercing! Oh yeah, and fresh pair of pink Chuck Taylors. Her hair was left down and teased just right, and she was good to go. "C'mon, Lizt! There's only so much sunlight left in th' day, yanno!" Spoken with a 100% teasing tone, while she surfed several club websites to get some last minute details down.


"This from the same person that said, 'Take your time.'" Eve tsked softly as she gave her head another little shake, pushing her hands through her hair to get the dark curls to loosen up, fall just right. Casual meant something else to her: it was one of the few times she'd be seen in a skirt, and a black mini at that. The black cami was lace-edged at the neckline, naturally, and she'd pulled a purple summer sweater on to cover the scars on her arms. The sandals even had a heel on them to give her the illusion of a touch more height. She was minus the awesome piercings Jara had, but her legs were all porcelain-cream skin. "Besides, they say the sun is bad for you." Not that it would stop her from getting out in it.


"Luv, this is alllll heritage!" Jara said the words before a low whistle outside turned her head.

Of course, the men would be outside waiting to see the girls leave. In order? Brehnic was speechless and wide-eyed. Jared was horrified at what his baby sister was wearing. Steele had a wide grin, and was still whistling at Eve. "I know what I want for my birthday!"

Jared gave him a look. "But that skirt would look silly on you, even if you shaved your legs!"


She'd opened her mouth to pop something back at Jara when the sound caught her attention, and she was looking too. Oh ... yeah. She forgot they were all still around. Eve was on the edge of a blush, but managed to shake it. It was actually just ... funny. How often did she and Jara get to really look like ... well ... girls? She did have to laugh at Jared, though; didn't look like he wanted to let his little sister leave in that! "Yes, yes, we're hot and we know it." A playful grin and the glint in her eyes betrayed the joke, but it helped her shake a little of her own discomfort. Just another day, but one where she didn't have to try to look ... professional. "But it's okay, Tohmaz; I'll make sure to get one for you in your size." The mischievous glint lingered, and she threw a glance at Jara. "Ready?"


Steele gave Jared a *whap* on the back of the head in passing, walking up to Eve with a devil-may-care grin pasted on his grill. "Needless to say, you and Jara look head turning hot." But there went the smile, a serious expression in its place. "I know I don't have to remind you both why you're headed out there. Just be careful." And yup, in front of them all, Steele took Eve's hands into his, looking down at her, then planted a serious one on her. Not enough to smear lipstick she might have been wearing, but enough to warrant a few whistles and cat calls from the rest of the crew.

The smirk had returned, and Steele looked into her eyes a moment more before pointing over at Jared and Brehnic. "Alright, alright. C'mon clowns, we still have our own work to do."

Jared was having a heated whispered discussion with his sister, who just kept a wide grin on her face, then kissing him on the cheek. "Yeah, Eve let's go. Buh-bye now all. Don't wait up, 'kay?"


Naturally, Steele's compliment had a little more impact and her cheeks colored - but only a little. The levity was quickly replaced with a more serious attitude, and she was nodding. Of course, it *did* help lighten things back up when he kissed her - right there, in front of everyone. Luckily, the berry tinted and flavored gloss was hard to budge! "Yeah, we'll be careful. You be, too." Well, in ... whatever he and the other two were going to do. It only dawned on her now that, in all of this, she'd forgotten to ask.

Her lips pursed a little as she noticed the discussion between the Ricos, and suppressed the grin. "Come on, before your brother makes you go change." The grin came out now, and she had to laugh a little. It was cute, though!


Jara was driving; she already had the keys, so off they went. "Wasn't my big brother cute? *Not!* Gawd, I was so close to kickin' him in both bloody shins!" She must have been really annoyed, given that her natural accent was pouring through big time. (m) "I'm *so* gettin' a bloody tattoo while we're out 'ere." Oh yeah, the gleam in her eyes spoke volumes.

"So ..." After taking a deep breath, "... Where do we start? I saw pictures of Adam Trenton, and he wasn't a Goth, so that might mark off some of the clubs unless he had one of those freaky fetishes." She was getting her accent under control, sounding more American. She'd blink twice while staring ahead, before shaking it off. "Sorry, spiritual road kill ... Three deer, two possums, and a stray dog. I usually tune those out, hence is why I don' like to drive much. So, how do you think Dr. Darcy ties into all of this?"


"I really have no idea, but I think she was there after the fact, rather than doing the killing herself. What I Saw after going through the door ... I don't think that was her." Eve shook her head slightly, a little more at ease in the passenger seat. "Kinda scary to think about it, but I think this Eve X and I are bound in some weird way. I mean, even things like Seeing her in the mirror - it's kind of sporadic, and it seemed to work both ways. But my guess about this guy is that he was taking in some of the hot spots, freaky or not. Didn't someone say he was a tourist?"


"So, outside of looking for clues, we have to be on the lookout for *both* of them as well? Niiice. Yeah, that's what the report said. Figures. Those are the type that don't get noticed until later." She nodded to her partner. "Well, if Eve 'Pornstar' X was making the rounds around there, you should draw them out easy enough. Think you'll be able to handle that? Getting lustful glances from other men as their eyes travel the length of your *slightly* athletic legs, lingering just along the subtle swell of your arse ..." -Snort!- Jara broke out into a laughing fit.


"Sheesh, that reads like some freaky 'net role-playing." Eve rolled her eyes, and gave a little huff. "Me? No, no, no...I'm hoping they'll look at *you*, with your belly-button piercing and all. You're the one big brother didn't want to let out of the house!" She grinned, but it faded a little. "... What kind of tattoo would you get?" Nope, she hadn't let it pass, just put it off a little.


"Mmm ... One on me shoulder, so I don' get your man miffed at me. Not sure what yet, though. Got it narrowed down to five." A grin. "I guess we have some time before the night party shift arrives. Let's try here first, since it's on our way." Was it a club? Nope. A tattoo parlor!


"Why would he get miffed at you? I mean, so long as it's in a spot you can cover up when we have to be all 'professional.'" Said with a sigh, but her brows arched a little when Jara rolled up at the tattoo parlor. "... Somehow, I have my doubts that she's here." There was a smile on her lips though, and a glint of mischief in her eyes. "So what are the five, hmm?"


"Celtic cross. Mmm, angel wings on my back. Pit Bulls. Kanji. Ooor the PSD letters on a skull!" Parking the SUV, she gave Eve *that* look. "Wha' about you?" Asked as she was getting out of the SUV.


"Huh?" She blinked at Jara, but quickly followed suit and got out of the SUV, absently giving the lower hem of her skirt a tug. "Me? You're talking to a girl that doesn't even have her ears pierced." There was a pause. "... But if I had to choose, I'd get a butterfly." So there. Nyah.


"Butterfly, huh? Cool. *But* where would you get it?" Oh yeah, she was *not* letting this one pass by, and Eve *would* be getting one before the night was over. There was indeed a devious intent behind that friendly smile as they entered the shop.

Behind the counter was a real, true-to-life walking tattoo billboard. Six-foot-six, 325 lbs of sheer muscle, and covered from head to toe in tribal tattoos. He glanced up from his lunch, a broad grin showing a pierced tongue as he viewed two blanks canvases, just waiting to be etched upon. "Welcome to Etched In Stone, ladies. Feel free to look around. I have a special for first-timers. See anything you like, just shout. My name's McKellah."

The smile couldn't be wiped off Jara's face, and she nudged Eve. "Will do, McKellah." Once he returned to his lunch, Jara leaned in to whisper, "Omigod, he is *so* bloody hot! Tats on a shaved head? It's a phoenix! How cool is tha'?" The girl was on the verge of drooling!


That *was* a good question: Where would she get it? "I don't know. Maybe ... my thigh, or my back or something." A place easy to cover up? Eve knew the look on Jara's face though, and could only sigh. She'd walked right into this one, hadn't she?

Somehow, she hadn't been too surprised by the guy that ran the place; scrawny little guys that didn't have an ink stain on them didn't run tattoo parlors, after all. What got *her* was the fact that Jara could barely keep her tongue in her mouth! Giving Jara an incredibly wicked smile, Eve shook her head. "Not quite my taste, but I'll be happy to get his number, address, and social security number for you so you can begin stalking him right away." Her tone was joking, but she really *wasn't* kidding about getting his number for her. Or maybe she'd just give McKellah Jara's digits instead. Hmm ...


"My friend here wants to get a tat of a butterfly. You do those?" Jara pushed Eve in front of her.

McKellah put his lunch down again, and sized Eve up and down before smiling. "Good choice for a first tat, really. Wrist, ankle, foot even, or if you're feeling naughty? You can get one right above there." He pointed in the general direction just above her backside.

"She'll get one there! On me! Not a little one, right?"

McKellah laughed. "That's up to her. I have photo albums over there featuring my work. Just look for the one that says 'first timers.'"


"Whoa, whoa, whoa ... What she's not telling you is that she wants to you ink her up first." After her shove forward, and she smiling innocently. "My friend is just shy, but she wants a tattoo right *here.*" And with that, Eve pointed a finger at her own chest, at a point just below the neckline of her cami - and it was a relatively *low* neckline. "I'm gonna ... look through the album." Ohhh so ... that meant Eve wasn't ruling it out. Not at all. In fact ... She picked up the album he indicated and started to look through it, looking for a more specific idea. And wondering just *how much* this was going to hurt.


"Shy, my arse! You're just getting a widdle-bitty butterfly! Let's get you out the way now! Then he can ... Ink me all he wants!" Jara pointed over to the black dragon breathing fire.

"You sure about that one? You'll be sore for days."

Jara was nodding. "I want that one on me back, and Celtic bands on both arms."

McKellah just had to grin. It was a slow day, and he was going to close up early. "For you, I'll make them extra special, and give you both a discount."


She'd looked through one album, then pulled out another - this one red. It seemed to be all devils, demons, daemons ... and it was one she found herself flipping through more slowly, taking a closer look. Kind of freaky that those were in the red album, too... "I'm not *just* getting a butterfly. I'm going to get some tribal designs around the wings on my lower back." She turned the album around and tapped at a picture. She wasn't sure *what* the creature was supposed to be, but the eyes were striking - a peculiar golden-green that reminded her of something else ... "... And I want those eyes in the spot designs on the wings." At least she hadn't taken long to decide what she wanted!


Jara just smiled sweetly at her buddy. Oh yeah, Steele was going to love this!

McKellah was prepping his table, then glanced over at the two women, before frowning at Eve. "Dammit, I keep telling them that I don't do that crazy Satan shit! That's from the shop closer to downtown called Daemon's Embrace. So freaky, even some hardcore Goths won't go there. Something about mixing blood with their ink. I see you like those eyes, eh? Okay, I'll do those. Good call; they have that feral look about 'em."

Jara would go first, that way she could keep him talking and hopefully get some insight into the clubs. "You two be careful going downtown. Some folks are a little leery right now, and rightfully so, after they found that dude all hacked up."


"How did it get here?" That *did* sound creepy; blood mixed with the ink? That was wrong on so many levels ... Eve rolled her shoulders in an effort to shake of a shudder, and sat down to wait while Jara got inked. She wasn't really looking forward to the process, but it looked like he did good work. She *did* have an oddly guilty feeling; here they were, getting inked up when they were supposed to be downtown for information. But they *were* getting info, right? Daemon's Embrace. The name had a decidedly ominous ring to it.


Letting out a sigh, McKellah shook his head, "If I *really* believed in that bad mojo, I'd swear it keeps finding its way back inside here. I pitched that thing over the weekend. Couple of freaks brought it in, giving me a sales pitch on doing a joint ink venture because Daemon art is the *in* thing. Not my style, but they left it here just in case I changed my mind. Nope, I pitched it. Guess I'll burn the damn thing, or shred it."

Jara just smiled as Eve picked up where she'd left off, getting Muscles to tell what he knows while doing his job. Oh, the look her brother would have when he'd finally see it ... Her smile grew.

"The Red Light District is a fun place to be, especially after dark. It's a true party melting pot. The best club is Crimson Tryst, but good luck in getting in, unless you're a V.I.P. or know someone on the inside."


It didn't surprise her about the book, somehow. After she'd put it down, she noticed an odd tingle in her fingertips, and flexed them a few times to shed the Feeling. "So that club is probably the most popular thing in that area, huh?" Wasn't Jara supposed to be asking these questions? Not that it really mattered; Eve was quietly filing the information away. Crimson Tryst; it just *sounded* like a place to pick a freak up...

Glancing at Jara, Eve arched a brow, delicately. "...Maybe we'll try our luck getting in?"


"Mmhm." With a lazy smile, Jara nodded slowly. "That guy that bit it, wasn't he at that club?"

Pausing to switch ink, McKellah pondered that. "I don't know. It was either that one or Club Obsidian. Obsidian's a lot more open to the freaks, where the Tryst is more exclusive to the upper tier folk. So, where you ladies from? Not from around here, that's for sure."

Jara arched an eyebrow. "Jeez, does it show that much?"

McKellah stepped back, checking out his work. Nodding to himself, he continued. "Only from the point that you were ink free. That stands out down in the RLD. But after I'm done, you two will fit right in." With a glance over at Eve, then back to Jara, an idea went off. "Say, I might be able to get you inside the Tryst, if you can do me a favor."

Jara's first instinct was to roll off that table and shove the needle right up his arse, but he didn't have *that* tone in his voice when he asked it. Go figure, a muscle-bound, tattooed boy scout. She was *so* getting his phone number.


She would have liked to have provided an answer as to *which* club, but that wasn't something she'd Seen; all she knew was that Eve X had picked the poor guy up, and he hadn't had a clue as to what he'd really been getting into ... at least, she didn't *think* so. "Playing tourist, really. You know how it is; you live near something your entire life, but you never really *do* the things yourself. So ... my friend and I are going to change that." A partial truth was better than an all-out lie, so she thought.

Eve gave him a slightly suspicious look when he asked for a favor in return, and gave a slight inclination of her head. "And that favor is ..?" She could almost *see* Jara melting over there!


"A simple request: I get you inside, you show off your tats. It's good for business and free advertising for me. I'll even give you 25% off for the work done today."

Was that it? Talk about a sigh of relief. Jara had no problem with doing that, especially since she'd need to let hers air out any way. "Done deal. That is, if you can be get us inside."

He turned Jara around so that she had several angles to view the near-finished product. "I know most of the bouncers that work there; I do their ink. They always let me through. Give them a card, tell 'em I sent you, and the next one is on the house. There are a few dancers there that are debating getting some tats, so you two sway them with your fresh ones. Snowball effect. Hopefully that'll take some business away from the D.E."


Sounded innocent enough. Eve, naturally, looked at Jara, then shrugged and nodded. "Okay, doesn't sound like a problem - so long as you can get us in. Being a walking advertisement for a little while doesn't sound too bad." She'd taken to alternating between looking around the shop and watching him work on Jara's tat. "Have any idea if those guys were hitting up all the tattoo artists around here, or just those closest to them?" Her tone was that of idle curiosity, as if she were just faintly wondering.


"Far as I know, they were just trying to establish themselves down in the RLD, which was why they were trying to get other parlors to join them. Some did. I'm the least close, but I've been here the longest, so most of the other places know me pretty well. The D.E shops cater mostly to the Goths, outcasts, and alternatives, so naturally they would try to merge with we normal base shops. Almost done."

Jara smiled again before her eyes closed. "I noticed you have a lot of crosses on you. Fetish?"

McKellah had to pause again, this time because he was laughing. "Not at all. If I had a dollar everytime I heard that ... It's part of my faith. Some wear metal crosses, but I prefer to keep mine on me forever." With a smile, he stood back once again to admire his work. "You're looking good. Some of my best work to date. Yeah ..." He looked back at Eve. "Some of the D.E folk take exception to my tats, you know, with them following the 'dark path' and all. You believe just last week, they sent some of their skank over here to try and sway me?" He shook his head."One saw the cross under my sleeve and started to get an attitude, so when I took off my shirt, the freak started swearing at me in some weird tongue and bolted out of here with her friend."


It didn't surprise her, somehow. "Must have been offended, somehow. You know how people are these days; if it offends them, they can't just ignore it and go on about their way. If one or two find it offensive, then it must be wrong for everyone." A shrug, and she'd gotten up long enough to stretch, hands over her head. Eve *did* toss a glance at Jara though, wondering at the significance of that. It was a funny thing; though she'd been told of the Daemons, she'd never been told much about defense against them and such. "It does look good. Now ... we gotta get mine done before I chicken out." Only half joking, there. "Oh, hey ... do you do piercings, too?" Might as well go full tilt and get her ears pierced, too. She'd have even sprang for a belly button ring, but that would have been an overload, especially considering *where* they were going to be going afterward.